One woman living alone in Weird Town, U.S.A., surviving and thriving through friendship, love, laughter, and the freedom of creative writing. Join me as I share my attempt to navigate human existence in one of the strangest places on earth. Your comments regarding my writing, and life in general, are greatly appreciated. Please feel free to express yourself: agree, disagree, share your opinion, share your ideas, point me toward new knowledge. If you like something you read please help spread the word!
- Asher Atheism bad luck Bah Humbug Beauty blame celebrate chatting cheer children choices comfort communication conjoined twins courage creativity curse dating over forty death essay evil family fights freethetwins friends friendship friendships gifts giving thanks God good heartbreak holidays humor intimacy journal style joy kids Letters to Asher Lewis life life is messy love men Morgan Freeman ninjas online dating pain pestulence philosophy phone sex plague play pleasure poetry rape regret relationships relaxation responsibility rest revenge sexuality short story sisterhood social mores stories strength therapy trust universal questions warmth welcome women writing
What’s up with that?
12/15/2011 - Why is it that you can walk your dog every day twice a day and pick up after her for 2,900 days and no one notices but on the 2,901st day, the one day you run out of poop bags, at least three people are there to tell you what a horrible citizen you are?
11/21/2011 - Why is it whenever you tell a man your problem he always tries to FIX IT -- unless HE'S the problem?
11/14/2011 - My friend Kim is smarter with a brain tumor than most people are without.
11/09/2011 - This morning as I waited with my dog to cross at the pedestrian crossing a car and a motorcycle both sped through without stopping. The next car, an SUV, stopped to let us cross. As we walked in front of the car the gentleman rolled down his window and said "I had to stop...the dog's so cute!" You know you're old when your dog becomes the one stopping traffic and not you!
11/04/2011 - If assholes had wings this place would be an airport!
11/02/2011 - Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self -esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes. ~ William Gibson
10/10/2011- Check out the Letter to the Editor- http://projects.registerguard.com/turin/2011/oct/08/letters-in-the-editors-mailbag-forests-need-expert-management/
10/4/2011- Weird Town has hit an all time high of amazing techniques for dealing with the downtown transients... This time they are using old bikes to deter people from sitting and loitering.
8/9/2011 - Why is it that you always run into your ex when he's with a date, you look your worst, and your new man couldn't make it that night?
7/21/2011- Why do the largest women always wear loud colors and enormous prints? Do they think we won't see them coming if they tone it down?
7/9/2011- Saw a girl getting ready to go play soccer already out on the turf fields, warming up by smoking a cigarette. Really?
- Friends for Life by McKenzie James Part III wp.me/p1GFTq-3d /via @wordpressdotcom 6 years ago
- Friends for Life by McKenzie James Part II wp.me/p1GFTq-36 /via @wordpressdotcom 6 years ago
- The Black Cloud of the Gypsy Curse wp.me/p1GFTq-32 /via @wordpressdotcom 6 years ago
- North Carolina men convicted in terrorist circle imperfectparent.com/topics/2011/10… via @imperfectparent 6 years ago
- Friends for Life by McKenzie James Part I wp.me/p1GFTq-2Y /via @wordpressdotcom 6 years ago